Where the beach meets the bush
Lying off Tanzania’s coast, the Zanzibar Archipelago consists of more than 50 islands, most of which have a long history and a rich cultural mix. The best known island here is Zanzibar (or ‘Unguja Island’, as it is more properly known)A former centre of the spice and slave trades, present-day Zanzibar is infused with African, Arab, European and Indian influences.
LOCATION OF ZANZIBAR ISLAND
- White sandy beaches and blue paradise waters.
- Tours to Stone town
- Snorkelling at Mnemba Atoll.
- Giant turtles on Prison Island
- Visit the Rock, a restaurant perched on a small island with amazing views.
- Deap sea fishing and diving.
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
- Best Time- July to December (The weather is warm and balmy. )
- High Season- July to February (Weather is great)
- Low Season- March to May (Rainy season)
- Best Weather- December to February( Weather is hot)
- Worst Weather- March to May (Rainy Season)
The following are some of the lodges that we recommend in Zanzibar. For information on additional accommodation not featured, please contact us.