Terms and Conditions
- General Information
- Encounter Africa is operated under registered Volunteer Encounter Limited Reg No:017210V
- Encounter is an authorised reseller of all products listed on this website. In particular it is an authorised reseller of products in which it has a binding travel agent agreement.
- Currency and merchant outlet country – transaction Currency is USD(United States Dollars).
- Users may contact Encounter Africa by sending an email to [email protected] or by using the ‘Enquire” or “Help me plan” button on the website.
- Encounter Africa may use all information submitted to further promote it and its partners’ websites and or services.
- Encounter Africa may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- Encounter Africa chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
- Encounter Africa operates as a guide to enable users to find, book and pay for, accommodation and packaged tours. Encounter Africa thus acts as an advertising medium for these services and facilitates payments through the use of a payment gateway. However, the contract is based on an offer by the establishment which is accepted by the guest and therefore exists legally between these two parties. Encounter Africas’ responsibility with regard to any transaction is to assist both parties to agree on a booking, to receive payment from the guest for the required amount, to pass such payment to the establishment/operator after deducting agreed commission and to provide the guest with a reservation reference number, if applicable.
- All information and systems are the property of Wildlife Encounter Group. Neither Encounter Africa nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this website or the services or content provided from and through this website. Furthermore, Encounter Africa makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this website are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be uninterrupted and error free.
- Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Encounter Africa and users are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this site.
- The establishment owner and/or operator agrees that guest comments can be published on the establishment listing by guests who have stayed at the establishment and further agrees that Encounter Africa is not liable or responsible in any way for the verification or accuracy of any guest comments made.
- In terms of these standard trading conditions, and any contract/s concluded pursuant hereto, Encounter Africa acts as agent only for and on behalf of the client in procuring the services. As such, Encounter Africa shall procure the services for and behalf of the client as agent for it with relevant third party service providers concerned. Encounter Africa shall, under no circumstances, be liable for the acts and omissions of the relevant third party suppliers concerned.
- Neither Encounter Africa nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use any services sold by Encounter Africa.
- Payment Methods
- Credit card payments
Encounter Africa has all your transactions protected by powerful Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer and other popular browsers. SSL encrypts all your personal information before it travels over the Internet. This makes doing online business just as secure as telephonic business. SSL safe connection and secure transaction technology has effectively protected thousands of our customers who have transmitted their credit card numbers online and made a purchase since we launched.
- Payment is only collected when a quotation has been received from the establishment, while the quotation has not yet expired and when the guest accepts the quotation. Once payment has been made against a quotation, the offer and its acceptance become a binding contract. Following acceptance the establishment is required to send confirmation of the booking.
- Credit card payments
- Any cancellation of a booking and/or service by a client must be sent in writing and be acknowledged by Encounter Africa in writing. Clients should refer to their quotation and confirmation documentation for details regarding the payment schedule and cancellation terms.
- Payment is made either of the minimum 50% deposit required or the full amount. In certain circumstances the minimum deposit is equal to the full amount of the quotation.
- As soon as payment has cleared into the Encounter Africa bank account, delivery has taken place on the part of the guest and the establishment is required to confirm the reservation and a reservation confirmation reference number is issued. Delivery on the part of the establishment takes place when the guest has physically taken up the accommodation reserved.
- Establishments may apply cancellation policies and these are clearly displayed on every quotation. Cancellation policies will have implications for refunds and these are dealt with in clause 5.
- Cancellation Policy
Days prior to arrival
0-29 days prior
30-59 days prior
60 or more days
- Please note:
All cancellations must be sent to Encounter Africa via electronic mail.
Please note a 5% Admin charge will be levied on credit card and bank transfer refunds due to cancellations.
- Encounter Africa is not liable for incorrect rates specified on the website and will not be obliged to supply bookings at those rates. The quotation supplied by the establishment is the responsibility of the establishment.
- Group payment & cancellation policies available on request.
- Please note:
- Encounter Africa shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of every user on the system and may store, notwithstanding other information, the following; name and surname, birth date, e-mail address, telephone numbers, cellular numbers, physical addresses, other personal information including surfing habits, IP addresses, username and passwords for the system booking and client preferences and any other information the user submits to this website. Encounter Africa only stores this information when a user has consented to these terms and conditions. Users are required, in every instance, to specifically indicate their consent before they are able to send an availability enquiry or a booking to an establishment.
- Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this web site or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this web site shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Encounter Africa suffers any damage or loss.
- Child Policy
- Children of 12 years and older will be considered adults and be charged the appropriate rates.
- Some establishments offer a discounted rate for children under the age of 12 years, though this will be advised depending on the supplier.
- Depending on the supplier, children under the age of 12 may be unable to take part in certain activities, or even not allowed at the establishment. It is the responsibility of guests to confirm these details before confirming any bookings.
- Vaccinations, Health, Passports
- The guest must be aware of malaria, yellow fever, and other diseases when travelling in Africa. The advice of a qualified, medical practitioner should be followed and Encounter Africa will accept no responsibility for inadequate medical or health requirements.
- Guests should be medically fit and able to embark on any trips booked through this website. Any medical conditions need to be explicitly raised prior to travel, and the guest accepts responsibility for any necessary medicine or provisions.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that all necessary passport or visa information is taken care of. Encounter Africa will not be held accountable for any costs incurred due to complications that may arise due to incomplete passport, visas or medical certificates.