TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK
Tanzania’s most underrated wilderness
Named after the river that runs through its heart, Tarangire National Park is one of the smaller members of the celebrated Northern Circuit family and probably the quietest, but it’s a lovely park with a lot to offer, including one of the highest densities of elephant of any park in Africa, a large number of beautiful baobabs, and pretty rolling hills and valleys of golden grass, acacias and ebony woodland. Tarangire can be very quiet during the rainy season. During the dry season, from July into October, the park is a first rate safari destination.
LOCATION OF TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK
TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK HIGHLIGHTS
- Top general wildlife viewing in the Dry season
- Incredible concentration of elephants in the Dry season
- Excellent birding with many dry-country specials
- Stunning scenery with many baobab trees.
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
- Best Time June to October (Animals congregate around the Tarangire River)
- High Season June to October (The park is full of tourists)
- Low Season April and May (Rates might be lower)
- Best Weather June to October (Little rainfall)
- Worst Weather March and April (Peak of Wet season)