Classic safari destination
Tanzania, the largest country in East Africa, is famous for the great spectacle of the animal migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra followed by their predators. It is equally famous for being home to the highest mountain on the continent, Mt Kilamanjaro; the Great Rift Valley ; the awesome Ngorongoro Crater and the famous Serengeti National Park. The country offers some of the best safaris and game viewing on the continent, vying with Kenya for the title of the world safari capital. Situated just below the equator between the great lakes of Africa and the Indian Ocean, Tanzania is a land of many faces, many cultures and many wonderful surprises.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT TANZANIA
- Snow peaked Mount Kilimanjaro is a giant stratovolcano. Even though there have not been any modern eruptions or evidence thereof, steam and sulfur are emitted from its youngest yet highest cone, named Kibo.
- Lake Manyara offers wonderful sundowner opportunities with a velvety view of a pink carpet of flamingos.
- Tanzania has the second largest population of wild dogs in Africa.
- There are 162 different tribes living in Tanzania.
- Two great lakes run through Tanzania namely, Lake Victoria, which is Africa’s largest freshwater lake, and Lake Tanganyika, the deepest lake on the continent and second deepest in the world.
- The famous tree-climbing lions are unique to Tarangire and Lake Manyara National Parks.
Let us help plan your dream African trip
Tell us more about your dream trip by filling out a quick travel form and get a free, no obligation quote.
Our Top Destinations In Tanzania
Best time to go
Find out when it is the best time of the year to travel to Tanzania