SOUTH LUANGWA NATIONAL PARK
Zambia’s Big Hitter
South Luangwa National Park is Zambia’s flagship park. The wildlife-watching here is unparalleled and this, coupled with the sublime beauty of the bush, puts it in the top selection of parks in Southern Africa. In the footsteps of Norman Carr, some of the best guides in Africa use The Luangwa Valley as their playground. In addition to this, the park boasts some of the best leopard viewing in Africa and wild dogs have also made a strong comeback in recent times.
LOCATION OF SOUTH LUANGWA NATIONAL PARK
SOUTH LUANGWA NATIONAL PARK HIGHLIGHTS
- Excellent wildlife viewing with four of the Big Five present
- Some of the best guides in Africa work in South Luangwa
- Great night drives and walking safaris
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
- Best Time- July to the middle of November (The bush is dry, and animals are easy to find)
- High Season -July to October (Mfuwe, South Luangwa’s main area, can become busy and high season rates apply)
- Low Season -Mid-November to May (Some lodges close during part of the Wet season, low season rates apply)
- Best Weather -April to August (It is cooler and it hardly ever rains)
- Worst Weather- October to March (Hot and wet weather)
SOUTH LUANGWA NATIONAL PARK ACCOMMODATION
The following are some of the lodges that we recommend in South Luangwa National Park. For information on additional accommodation not featured, please contact us.