SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK
The Greatest Wildlife Show on Earth!
The Serengeti is not only the most famous park in Africa but is commonly hailed as offering the most spectacular wildlife experience on the planet. Serengeti translates as “endless plains” in English, an apt description for this enormous swathe of iconic African wilderness.
LOCATION OF SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK
SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK HIGHLIGHTS
- Annual wildebeest migration (late January to August)
- Top wildlife viewing all year-round
- Superb for spotting predators
- Hot air balloon safaris
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
- Best Time January-February for the wildebeest calving; June-September for general wildlife viewing with a chance of seeing the wildebeest crossing of the Grumeti River (June-July) or the Mara River (September)
- High Season Most of the year – July to March (The Serengeti will be crowded around the Seronera area)
- Low Season April and May (Lower rated may apply)
- Best Weather June to October (Little to no rainfall)
- Worst Weather March and April (Peak of Wet season)