Africa’s Watery Heart
The Okavango Delta is, without doubt, one of the world’s premier wildlife destinations. The Delta is Africa’s largest oasis – each year approximately 11 cubic kilometres of water spreads over 15,000 kilometres of papyrus reeds, countless islands and broad floodplains, forming large lagoons and an intricate web of meandering channels that fan outwards from the delta’s heart.
LOCATION OF OKAVANGO DELTA
- Excellent wildlife viewing with four of the Big Five easily spotted
- Off-road driving is permitted, which facilitates quality sightings
- Great birding destination, especially for waterbirds
- Game drives, night drives, walking safaris and mokoro trips are available
- A large choice of small, exclusive camps
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
- Best Time -July to October (Best wildlife viewing)
- High Season- July to October (High season rates may apply, small exclusive lodges never get busy)
- Low Season- November to June (Low season rates may apply)
- Best Weather- May to August (Less hot during the day)
- Worst Weather- October (It gets extremely hot)
The following are some of the lodges that we recommend in the Okavango. For information on additional accommodation not featured, please contact us.