Dunes, Deserts and Scenic Splendour
The harsh but beautiful desert landscapes, the cool Atlantic Ocean, the green plains of the north, the rugged mountains and rivers…these are the things thats have enthralled visitors to Namibia over the ages. The silent Namib Desert with its shifting sand dunes and rare desert elephants is the oldest desert in the world. It is truely a land of contrasts and many cultures are found there. These range from the German colonial heritage with its October beer feats, to hunter gatherer Bushmen, the hunting and fishing Caprivians, the farming and cattle herding Owambo and the Himba with their red ochre-covered bodies and braided hair. Namibia is a peaceful land of many wonders.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT NAMIBIA
- Namibia’s main attraction is the extraordinary Namib Desert which is one of the worlds oldest deserts.
- The Skeleton Coast here got its name from the surprising number of seal and whale skeletons that line the coast. This coast is known for shipwrecks, an estimated 1000 ships were wrecked here.
- Namibia has some of the tallest sand dunes on Earth.
- It has the worlds biggest population of free-roaming black rhinos and cheetahs.
Let us help plan your dream African trip
Tell us more about your dream trip by filling out a quick travel form and get a free, no obligation quote.
Our Top Destinations In Namibia
Best time to go
Find out when it is the best time of the year to travel to Namibia
Tailor-made tour ideas
Useful travel information
Getting to Namibiais easy as it is so well connected. Air Namibia is the National Carrier and receives flights from London Gatwick and Frankfurt. With daily flights from neighbouring South Africa and Botswana, it incorporates easily into any Southern African itinerary. You may even consider combining it with time in Victoria Falls. Namibia also has a fantastic Charter Flight network connecting the various lodges and areas, enabling us to provide luxury fly in safaris throughout the country.
- The International Airport in Windhoek is called Hosea Kutako, named after a famous Namibian freedom fighter
- Eros, Keetmanshoop, Oranjemund, Ondangwa, Oshakati, Grootfontein, Mpacha, Runud, Walvis Bay and Luderitz Airports are also available for immigration and customs
- Eros Airport is outside of Windhoek and has daily flights to Sossusvlei, Swakopmund and Etosha
- Namibia is well supported by a Charter Flight network
- Air Namibia is the national carrier and has operated for many years
- British Airways, South African Airways and Lufthansa all operate flights to Namibia