MATOBO NATIONAL PARK
A Giants Playground
Matobo means ‘bald heads’, and refers to the unearthly volcanic landscape of balancing stones and granite whalebacks for which this park is famous. The huge granite boulders balanced on top of each other seem to be placed here by some giant life form.
LOCATION OF MATOBO NATIONAL PARK
MATOBO NATIONAL PARK HIGHLIGHTS
- Highest concentration of leopard in Zimbabwe- although are proven difficult to see.
- Rhino walking safaris- view the iconic white rhinos from a very flattering distance.
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
- Best Time -July to October (Dry season)
- High Season- July to September (Matobo doesn’t get too busy)
- Low Season- January to June
- Best Weather -April to September (Rains are a rarity)
- Rainy Season- November to March