A place where people, cattle and wildife co-exist in harmony.
This intriguing part of Kenya consists of a 9,500 sq km mid-altitude plateau running northwest from the moist highland saddle between Mount Kenya and the Aberdares, and incised by the Ewaso Nyiro and Ewaso Narok Rivers.
LOCATION OF THE LAIKIPIA PLATEAU
LAIKIPIA PLATEAU HIGHLIGHTS
- Excellent wildlife viewing with all of the Big Five easy to spot
- Wildlife densities are similar to the Masai Mara
- Stunning views of Mount Kenya
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
- Best Time June to September (Dry season)
- High Season June to October and December to March (Some lodges get busy)
- Low Season April, May and November (Roads might be in bad condition and some lodges are closed)
- Best Weather June to September and December to February (Less rain)
- Worst Weather March, April, May and October, November (Short and long rains)
LAIKIPIA PLATEAU ACCOMMODATION
The following are some of the lodges that we recommend in Laikipia Plateau. For information on additional accommodation not featured, please contact us.