CENTRAL KALAHARI GAME RESERVE
Botswana’s Bountiful Desert
The Central Kalahari Game Reserve is Botswana’s biggest reserve and is situated in the middle of the Kalahari Desert. Famous for its dark-maned lions and for being the second largest protected area in Africa (after the Selous in Tanzania), the Central Kalahari Game Reserve is little visited compared to Botswana’s smaller northern parks and reserves.
LOCATION OF CENTRAL KALAHARI GAME RESERVE
CENTRAL KALAHARI GAME RESERVE HIGHLIGHTS
- Adventurous wilderness destination
- Off-the-beaten-track and little visited
- Stunning desert scenery
- Chance to see striking Kalahari black-maned lions
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
- Best Time- December to March (Best wildlife viewing in Deception Valley)High Season- July to October (The park never gets crowded, but high season rates may apply in lodges)
- Low Season- November to June (Low season rates may apply)
- Best Weather- May to August (Less hot during the day with dry conditions)
- Worst Weather- January (It is hot, and it can be rainy)
CENTRAL KALAHARI GAME RESERVE ACCOMMODATION
The following are some of the lodges that we recommend in The Kalahari. For information on additional accommodation not featured, please contact us.